Engage Web design and e-commerce experts in Northern Ireland
To be profitable online, your business must make online shopping a pleasant experience for your customers in Belfast, Northern Ireland or anywhere in the world. Simply having an online storefront is insufficient. A Web design company in Northern Ireland with experience and a deep understanding of e-commerce best practices is your best resource.
Here are some tips to encourage online purchases on your e-commerce website:
• Ease of navigation is critical to e-commerce website design; visitors to your e-commerce page should be able to examine your products and compare them with other products easily.
• You must present a fully functional, complete online store to get e-commerce visitors shopping online. Eliminate dead links and outdated prices. Have consistent, 24/7 hosting if you want to operate a successful e-commerce website.
• People need to see the product before they purchase it. But having many pictures on too few pages will cause pages to load slowly; plus the pages will not provide enough relevant information to encourage buying decisions. A good online catalogue will use a lot of Web pages; it will be organized into categories, searchable, use thumbnails to give faster load times, and provide detailed information on each product.
• The more online payment options you offer (including credit cards), the more online payment processing you are likely to see on your site, and the more money you’ll make. Use payment gateways like PayPal and Paymate to simplify transactions.
• Encourage rapid checkout by eliminating generic navigation, and only retain links that process the transaction. This will lower the risk of distraction.
To optimise the e-commerce experience for your customers and boost online sales, consult WSI Digital Web, the leading website design company in Belfast, Northern Ireland.