Here are some tips:
- Different mobile Web browsers present pages in different ways, so it is essential to develop a mobile SEO strategy that supports the wide variety of available mobile operating systems.
- Common SEO tactics that should be incorporated into all mobile sites include suitable keywords in headlines and text, relevant page titles and accurate page descriptions, outbound links and standard coding.
- Since email marketing is increasingly being read from mobile phones, it’s important to test and support all incoming links to your website from digital newsletters and other promotional materials.
Google’s Official Recommendations for Optimized Mobile Websites
More and more websites are producing Smartphone-optimized content. Google’s latest recommendations for building Smartphone-optimized websites give both your desktop and Smartphone-optimized sites the best chance of performing well in Google’s search results.
Google strongly recommends responsive designs for mobile friendly websites:
- If your sites use responsive web design, (i.e. serve the same HTML to all devices; and using only CSS to change how the page is rendered on the device), Google can discover your content more efficiently.
- If your sites dynamically serve all devices on the same set of URLs with device specific HTML, use the ‘Vary HTTP’ header to communicate to their algorithms that the content may change for different user agents requesting the page.
- Companies that have separate mobile and desktop sites should incorporate annotations that describe the relationship between the desktop and mobile content as alternatives of each other.
Consult the leading SEO company in Northern Ireland for more information on how to optimize your website and email marketing campaigns for mobile devices.
Call us on (028) 90 480 257 or send us an email at email@example.com.