5 Tips for More Website Traffic
If you are looking to boost traffic to your website, try these 5 simple tips.
- Use SEO – Optimize your content for search engines so that potential customers can find you easily. Look at your website data to understand what your target customers are searching for and how existing visitors are finding your website. Consider ways to expand your keywords and target long-tail keywords (queries or longer phrases that people search). A SEO/SEM strategy is essential for driving traffic and it is helpful to get one started with a digital marketing expert.
- Use social media – Another easy way to drive people to your website is to get on websites they are already visiting. Appearing in feeds across social networks is a great way to establish your business as part of a larger community, be open to customer feedback and help more people find your website.
- Try variety – There is not just one ‘right’ answer to what type of content is best. Some industry professionals may be convinced that more content is better, but quality content will always reflect better on your company than the quantity of content. Experiment with short and long blog posts or pages, and analyze data to see what types of content website visitors are responding and engaging with.
- Use strong headlines – Make the decision to click-through to your web pages easy. Provide headlines that catch attention, promise to offer value or benefits to the visitor and lead to relevant information. Do not sacrifice your visitor’s trust by linking to different or misleading content, but do try to make your headlines as catchy and interesting as possible.
- Advertise – This is a tried and tested tool in the digital marketing toolkit that can help boost web traffic by increasing exposure. Whether you choose to use paid search, social media or display ads will depend on your brand and goals. Do not blindly buy ad space. Instead, think critically about whether you want more web traffic or you want more conversions, and understand the pros and cons of each advertising channel.
Our digital marketing and SEO copywriting experts at WSI Digital Web in Belfast, Northern Ireland can help you increase website traffic. We offer a variety of online marketing services from SEO/SEM strategies, to web design and content marketing. Contact our experts in Northern Ireland today to create a web strategy that works for you.